The Latest Weekly round-up

By Mark Rowlatt

All the action from this weeks games.

Weekly Round-up for Sunday 22 September 2019. We start with the Cup matches and this week sees the start of the Tracey Thomas Challenge Cup 2019-20. - Preliminary Round

Bishops Tachbrook FC 2 Long Itchington 3

Drew-Lewis Smith scored a brace for Tachbrook in the First half but Sam Crawford and Oluseyi Sorinola levelled just before the break. It was tight all the way with a solitary 62nd minute Jamie Bodfish strike taking the tie for the Long Men.

Chadwick End Reserves 3 Long Itchington Reserves 3

Ryan Helliker put Chadwick ahead on 15 minutes but Daniel Win had levelled within 3 minutes. Mark Larner popped up with a brace early into the second half and the Long Men looked to be going through. Chadwick struck back in the last 10 minutes . Thomas Wale got the first, and with a minute left on the clock Steve Ebdon made it all square. And so to penalty kicks.
Chadwick End Reserves win 5 - 4 on penalties.

Dynamo Leamington 2 Engine FC 4

Ashley Rowley with a brace for Dynamo here but it wasn’t enough as Gavin Dhesi , Thomas Payne , Jay Hammond and John Simpson were all on the mark for the Engine to progress.

Leamington Hibs Res 2 Liberal Club C 1

Mitchell Williams had put Hibs ahead just before half time. Jack Avery then doubled the lead early into the second half. Craig Reeves popped up to pull one back for the Liberals and make it interesting, but Hibs held on to go into the next round.

Lillington Juniors 2 Hampton Magna 1

A Dale Francis brace was enough here for Juniors after Paul Rose had put Magna ahead on 15 minutes. Juniors go through.

Snitterfield 6 Foresters 4

A high scoring game here. Snitterfield taking the tie with goals from Harry Mckinney, Cameron Anderson and a brace apiece for Matt Green and Daniel Carn .
Foresters scorers were Sam Rudge Daniel Griffin , Jordan Bedford and Mark Hickey.

Warwick Printing 1 Blackdown 2

The Printers looked to be going through with a Jake McCarthy-Phillips strike. Two late strikes by Jeevan Fermahan on 75 minutes and Adam Hughes 89 minutes snatched the tie away. Blackdown progress into the next round.

We move onto League action now and start as usual with Division 1

Bishops Itchington 6 Heathcote Athletic 3

Kristoffer Burbury with the fastest goal of the day on 3 minutes here for Heathcote, and it remained tight up to half time. Ryan Leahy made it all square on 40 minutes but Owen Davies restored the Heathcote lead 4 minutes later. The half time team talk must’ve been inspiring as Bishops racked up 5 second half goals with James Brewitt getting the solitary Heathcote reply. Joel Bennett led the way with a brace. Jordan Gill, Tom Cooper and Johnny Adair getting the others.

Leamington FC Vets 0 Leamington Hibs 6

One way traffic here as David Jones grabbed a brace, Joshua Blake, Luke Swinnerton , Craig Wallsgrove and Wendel Moyo did the damage for Hibs.

Westlea Wanderers 3 HRI Wellesbourne 1

Westlea were 2 – 0 up inside 17 minutes thanks to Neil Stacey and George Ayley, and it stayed that way until late into the second half. Vitor Machado pulled one back for the Veg boys but Ayley popped up for his second with two minutes to go to finish it off.

We move on to Division 2

Khalsa Reserves 3 Chadwick End 2

A ding dong battle here settled with a flurry in the second half. Munreece Virdi put Khalsa ahead. Kieran Geoghegan equalised before half time. Three goals in 10 minutes resulted in Ricky Fletcher and Connor Beckinsale putting Khalsa in the driving seat. Lewis Broadhurst the struck with 10 minutes to go for Chadwick and to make for an interesting finish. Khalsa held on to take the points.
We move on to Division 3
VTS Warwick 0 Princethorpe 4
A brace apiece here for Jake Allies-Proctor and Josh Cooke were enough to take the points here.

And we finish as usual with Division 4

HRI Wellesbourne Res 1 Warwick Boar 6

The Boar were too strong here for the Veg boys. A James Smith 70 th minute strike was the only consolation for HRI. Henry Eddy and Steven Nollett led the way with a brace apiece. Giovanni Turturici and Richard Heath getting the others.

Napton 2 Warwickshire Police 3

Some fortune here for the Cops. Dan Stanton got the first when his deflected shot sent the keeper the wrong way. Rob Garrison then snaffled up a rebound off the keeper for the second. Dan Hicks rose like a salmon at the back post to make it 0 – 3 from a corner. The Cops switched off and Christopher Watts struck with a brace in 10 minutes to make it a nervy finish for the boys in blue. An entertaining game where the stand in referee did an excellent job.

Sands United 0 Stockton United 3

Dale Phillips, Jon Cleaver and Mitchell Coleman had this one wrapped up before half time.

Stockton 1 Castle Rangers 2

With 15 minutes gone it was all square at a goal each. Ashley Williams on target for Rangers, Ryan Barnard with the Stockton response. The game was decided by a 45th minute goal from Lee Watton to take the points back to the Castle.

Whitnash United 6 Bishops Tachbrook Reserves 3

A high scoring game here and Kyle Needham a happy man with a hat-trick. Paul Abhishek added two of his own , George Whitehead got the other as Whitnash took the points. Cory Turner grabbed a brace and Max Gough got the other for Tachbrook.

Where next?

The Latest Weekly round-up All the results and goals from this weeks action.
The Latest Weekly round-up All the League and Cup goals from this weekend.

Tracey Thomas Leamington and District Sunday Football League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.